The Elite Nonfiction Book Coaching Package is my signature one-on-one, personal coaching program and involves working with me over the course of five to six months.
Who should choose this package?
- Nonfiction writers seeking traditional publishing – you’ll develop a polished book proposal with pitch support (query letter and guidance on agent list), several clean sample chapters, and my guidance and plan for pitching agents and publishers.
- Nonfiction writers pursuing hybrid or Self-Publishing – you will have a solid foundation for your book and review of up to 225 pages of your manuscript draft (review of additional pages is available for an additional fee) as well as advice and strategy on your next steps in publishing your book.
- Memoir writers pursuing traditional, hybrid, or Self-Publishing – you will have a solid foundation for your book and review of up to 225 pages of your manuscript draft (review of additional pages is available for an additional fee) as well as advice and strategy on your next steps in publishing your book.
“A book is a dream you hold in your hand.” Neil Gaiman
We start our journey together by getting clarity on your book idea and its reason for being in the world. We then create a draft overview of your manuscript using the powerful Blueprint-for-a-Book system and action plan that outlines the process, step by step.
I then coach you throughout each step of the process as you undertake the work necessary to write the components of your book proposal and sample chapters.
- If you are seeking traditional publishing, we will work on your query, and guidance on an agent list and pitching strategy.
- If you have chosen to self-publish your book, you will end up with a 225-plus-page draft of your manuscript and a clear action plan on what your next steps are.
The Elite Book Coaching Package is an investment not only in the book you are currently working on, but every future book you want to write as well.
“The scariest moment is always just before you start.” Stephen King
Overview of the process at a glance:
Blueprint-For-A-Book workbook, which you’ll receive after sign-up and will form the structure we use throughout the process. Working through the Blueprint typically takes six weeks to complete with 3 x clear action plans and corresponding submission deadlines.
Depending on genre, and publication path, we will work together to craft a compelling book proposal and pitch strategy OR we work together as you draft your manuscript. This stage typically takes 4-5 months and includes 9 x clear action plans and corresponding submission deadlines.
A 60-minute call on signup to discuss your book’s goals and objectives and outline the steps we will be taking together throughout the program.
Clear action plans and 12 x 50-minute one-one-one coaching calls.
Insider strategies and pro tips to keep you inspired and creative every day.
Duration – 5 to 6-months from date of sign-up or 12 submissions
Nonfiction Book Experience Package includes:
- Initial 60-minute one-one-one strategy call at the start of working together to take you through an overview of the time we’ll be spending together and discuss the process we’ll be working through to enable you to create your best book.
- Your Blueprint-For-A-Book workbook which we work through together. This is a powerful program that comes with clear actions that will result in clarity of the message and purpose of your book, the overview and structure of your manuscript, intended audience, publishing options and marketing.
- You’ll understand what your options for publishing are and help you make the right decision for you based on your specific goals and intention for the book.
- If you are seeking traditional publishing, you will receive coaching on all components of a book proposal, including annotated table of contents, requirements, author bio, market research, market plan and sample chapters. To assist further, you will also receive examples of book proposals, templates, query letters and case studies to help draft your content which are reviewed during our twice-monthly 50-minute coaching calls.
- If you will be self-publishing, you will receive developmental and content review of up to 225 pages of your manuscript content with detailed in-line comments to help make them shine as you revise.
- If you are pursuing traditional publishing – you will be working through two-monthly manuscript submissions, up to 25 pages per deadline, to turn in blueprint and book proposal components and sample chapters.
- If you will be self-publishing – you will be working through two-monthly manuscript submissions, up to 25 pages per deadline, to turn in pages of your manuscript.
- If you are pursuing traditional publishing – you will end up with a query letter and guidance on an agent spreadsheet and pitch strategy.
- If you will be self-publishing you will receive guidance on a book release launch plan and marketing strategy.
- Two-monthly 50-minute calls (via Zoom or phone) to answer questions, discuss my comments and feedback, and get you clear on your next steps, keep your book deadlines on track, and keep you accountable. We can also discuss strategies for writing and time management if needed.
- 12 clear action plans and corresponding two-weekly deadlines to submit your Blueprint proposal pages and receive feedback on those submissions.
- 12 x 50-minute one-on-one, fortnightly coaching calls via Zoon or phone to answer questions, find solutions to challenges, and make sure the project is moving forward and on track.
- Email and messenger support between submissions.
- Review of pages over the 25 included in your program and additional phone consultations beyond your two per month are available at an extra fee.
- Expertise of a formally trained book coach, creativity coach, and life coach who is also an international bestselling, and multi-award-winning author. No-one said any of this was going to be easy! But we can choose to make it fun and enjoy the experience with the right mindset.
“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” Martin Luther.
Contact Athena for more information – As this is an intensive, one-on-one coaching process, opportunities to work with Athena are strictly limited. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and write your book, contact Athena today.