International bestselling author
Bring Your Writing and Publishing Dreams to Life
Welcome! This is a warm and friendly site dedicated to helping writers transform words into books, writers into authors, and authors into authorpreneurs.
A Book Coach is a Project Manager for the Writing and Publishing process.
A Book Coach meets you where you are in your journey and assists you through the next steps.
Flexible coaching packages:
One to One Coaching
Flexible, one-on-one 60 & 90 minute coaching sessions tailored to your specific needs.
Perfect for non-fiction and fiction writers looking for specific advice in all areas of book production, self-publishing and marketing.
Book Launch Blueprint
Workshops, Courses & Retreats
Work-spaces for Heightened States of Creativity
For writers and business women wanting to write their book, produce regular blogs, and inspired content.
Let’s Talk Publishing – Self Publishing for Writers and Creative Entrepreneurs
Who are we & how can we help you?
They say there are no accidents, so chances are pretty good that you’re thinking about writing a book, in the process of writing of a book, or have written one and are thinking about your options for publishing.
If so, congratulations!
According to statistics, around 80% of people say they want to write a book, but only about 3% actually do.
If you’re wanting to be one of the few percent who do successfully write and publish their book, a Book Coach is trained to help you make that dream come true!
Hi! My name is Athena Daniels and I’m the founder and CEO of the Athena Daniels’ Academy, a one stop shop designed to offer assistance to writers and authors no matter where they are in the writing and publishing journey.
I’m a six-times international bestselling and multi-award-winning author, professionally trained Book Coach, Creativity Coach, and Certified Life Coach. I run my business as an author and coach around the responsibilities that come with being a mother to three with a day job.
After publishing six books, five independently and one traditionally, and learning each step along the way the hard way, it is now my passion to help writers navigate the ever-changing publishing landscape and avoid pitfalls and costly mistakes. As a trained Book Coach, I bring my experience as an international bestselling and multi-award winning author to aspiring authors through flexible one-to-one coaching as well as courses, retreats and workshops that aim to inspire and empower writers and businesswomen for success in publishing and their creative career’s.
I am the International bestselling author of the multi-award winning Beyond the Grave paranormal romance series The Seer’s Daughter, The Alchemist’s Son, Girl Unseen, When Darkness Follows and the romantic thrillers Desperate and The Scream Behind Her Smile.
What is a Book Coach?
A Book Coach meets you where you are on your writing and publishing journey and helps you clarify and navigate the following steps. Book coaches can assist anywhere from the very first idea for a book, right through to publication and marketing of your work. What are your goals? To only print a few books for your friends and family? To be a resource for current and potential clients? If your goals are more substantial, you need to think like a publisher, do the required market research and write with your ideal reader in mind.
And that’s where good book coaches are worth their weight in gold. They bring the experience and knowledge of the publishing industry to you. They do not do it for you, but they help you understand what you need to do, and why you need to do it and are by your side, supporting you throughout the process. A book coach will help you understand what your book’s message is and then help you fulfil that promise to the reader.
When you hire a book coach, you won’t lose control of your work. A book coach won’t take over your project. Instead, they help you remain in complete control by teaching you to understand every step in the process and why they are necessary. This ensures that the book remains authentically yours, written in your voice, and is the very best it can be.
When do you need a book coach?
When you’re ready to stop treating your writing as a hobby, or dream you’ll never achieve and “go pro.” A book coach can step in during any stage from the first idea to advising you on marketing your published novel.
You’ve got something to say, that’s hopefully why you want to publish a book. But what good is your message if it isn’t presented professionally and conveyed clearly? The reader will lose interest if the first chapter doesn’t appear to fulfil the book’s promise and set it aside. If your cover and blurb aren’t created correctly, a reader might not pick up or even find your book among countless others in the online space.
A book should be written and created with your ideal reader in mind if you want your message to reach its intended audience. A book coach helps you get crystal clear about what your book is, and who it’s for. It’s hard to publish and promote a book if you’re unclear about what the essence of your book is and who needs to read it.
Do any of the following describe where you are right now?
- Are you stuck or spending hours writing in circles?
- Do you need clarity on your idea or purpose of your book? You have so many ideas about what you want to write, but what will make an excellent book that your audience will want to read?
- Who is your ideal reader? Who is your message for? Getting clear on who you are writing for helps you create a book that has direction and purpose. You’re not writing a diary; there’s a reason your book needs to be in the world. What is it? And how do you make sure your message is conveyed clearly?
- Do you want to write a book that has the best chance of being read by a wider audience than your family and friends? A book coach can help you do that.
- Are you pursuing publishing through a traditional publisher? A book coach can help you prepare a book proposal agents and publishers want to read.
- Are you planning to self-publish your book? You need to think like a traditional publisher and treat Self-Publishing as a business. A book coach will help you research the market, understand the importance of editing, cover design, formatting, and avoid costly pitfalls.
- Is it your goal to pursue traditional publishing? A book coach can help you write a book proposal publishers and agents will want to read.
- Want to become an authorpreneur and take advantage of the range of opportunities and doors that becoming a published author can open for you? A book coach can show you everything you need to be your own independent publisher and pursuing your goals as an authorpreneur.
If you’re interested to know more, and discuss your writing goals, I’d love to hear from you!
What else can a Book Coach help with?
Are you ready to publish your book? Understand the pros and cons for self-publishing and traditional publishing to help you make the best decision for you.
Become your own publisher
Are you looking for advice and assistance on how to become an independent publisher in Australia?
If you are looking for a guidance or and someone to step you through the whole publishing process, you are in the right place.
Become an Authorpreneur & learn the business side to becoming an Author
- Learn the business side of becoming your own publisher.
- Understand how the publishing industry works and how to avoid costly mistakes.
- Build an author platform and rock social media.
- Publish an eBook and paperback that is available on major distributors globally.
- Design and create a professional product – digital, audio and/or paperback.
- Plan and prepare your book release strategy.
- Define your target market and learn how to reach your ideal readers.
What our students say about the Athena Daniels Academy
Nicole, Perth Western Australia
“I’m excited about my life and future for the first time. I was so overwhelmed with everything there is to know about publishing and the industry, but Athena’s calm, inspirational way of explaining things made taking the next step far less daunting. I’m excited to turn my writing into a business now.”
READY TO GET STARTED?
Discover if a Book Coach is YOUR next step along the path to publishing today!
Book now for a FREE, no obligation 20-Minute Consultation Call!
A Book Coach is best described as a Project Manager for the Self-Publishing process. A Book Coach meets you where you are on your journey and helps you get from where you are to where you want to go.
Where possible, I will point you to FREE resources, blogs or websites available online first. But if you're looking to cut straight through the noise and get advice that is specific to you, flexible Book Coaching might be the answer you are looking for.
To see if a Book Coach is right for you, let's talk! Simply fill out the form and I will be in touch.